Director of Development
Note: This is an archived job description. For the latest job opportunities at the Tax Foundation, click here.
The Tax Foundation, the oldest tax and fiscal policy research organization in Washington, is seeking a highly motivated person for the position of Director of Development. Position requires 8 to 10 years of fundraising experience with individual, foundation, and corporate donors. The ideal candidate is expected to be able to communicate and implement a clear strategy for how to accelerate the organization’s current growth over the next three to five years. The candidate must also have solid managerial skills, including mentoring junior staff. Must also possess strong writing and oral communication skills. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Reports to: President
Job Summary: The Director of Development is responsible for planning, implementing, or managing all fundraising programs and events at the Tax Foundation. These programs are aimed at maintaining, cultivating and recruiting individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Responsible for raising annual budget of $2.3 million through individual contributions, direct mail, foundations, corporate donors, and special events.
- Develop overall fundraising plan, including revenue goals, renewal programs, and cultivation strategies.
- Direct and manage all Tax Foundation events.
- Meet with individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Prepare foundation grant reports and requests.
- Provide oversight and management over a growing and successful direct mail program.
- Develop growth plan to increase funding from current donors and reach new donors.
- Supervise and manage junior development staff.
- Assist President with preparing board reports, financial reports, annual revenue goals, and the audit.
- Domestic travel required.
Please send resume to Hodge@TaxFoundation.org. Emails only. No phone calls.