Be part of a talented and dynamic team passionate about working with policymakers on both sides of the aisle to improve lives through smarter tax policy.
Who We Are
The Tax Foundation is the world's leading independent tax policy 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Since 1937, our principled research, insightful analysis, and engaged experts have informed smarter tax policy in the U.S. and internationally. For over 80 years, our goal has remained the same: to improve lives through tax policies that lead to greater economic growth and opportunity.
- HSA-based health coverage with employer contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with 100% match on first 5%
- 100% of the premiums for dental and vision coverage and life/AD&D/LTD insurance
- 12 paid holidays and 15 vacation days per year and generous sick leave
- Office is closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day annually
- Early-release Fridays all year round
- Work-from-home option Mondays and Fridays for employees in the D.C. headquarters area.
Intern at One of the Most Effective Think Tanks in D.C.
Work alongside leading tax experts and interns from top universities around the world on projects that have a substantive impact on the U.S. and international tax reform debate.
Tax Foundation internships are available year-round, in-person and virtually, and applications are considered on a rolling basis, so apply today.
“Working at Tax Foundation has helped me to grow personally, professionally, and intellectually, while contributing to work that I truly believe in. I am incredibly happy to have landed here and look forward to continuing to be a part of Tax Foundation’s growth and success.”