Allowing State Bankruptcies, Medical Marijuana Tax Revenue, Estate Tax Murders
November 29, 2010
Interesting articles I came across today:
- Newly elected Republican governors meet to discuss budget cut strategies.
- Colorado raises $2.2 million with its sales tax on medical marijuana.
- Rhode Island Governor-elect Lincoln Chafee's plan to impose a 1% sales tax on currently exempt items would raise $121 million, much more than originally expected.
- Michael Barone at National Review (subscribe) argues that the federal bankruptcy code should be amended to allow states to reorganize their finances under its "cram-down" provisions.
- We're about a month away from the estate tax coming back to life, and the macabre incentive it gives to relatives of the dying.
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback