Note: This is the second part of a dual webinar event. You can watch a recording of the first webinar, “Understanding President Biden’s and Congressional Democrats’ Tax Plans: Individual and Pass-through Business Taxes,” at the link below.
Throughout the year, the Biden administration and congressional Democrats have been fleshing out tax proposals as the budget reconciliation process heats up. With these expanded details, the Tax Foundation and other scorekeepers have released updated and more precise analysis.
To explain these proposals and help policymakers and taxpayers understand their impact on American businesses and families, we are hosting a Talking Tax Reform doubleheader.
Our second webinar discussion will take place on Friday, September 17th at noon ET and will focus on the corporate tax plans proposed by the Biden administration and Congress and their impacts on business decisions and families across the country. Our panel will explore key questions such as:
- Who bears the economic incidence of corporate tax increases and what would the impact be on after-tax incomes, wages, and jobs across states and congressional districts?
- How do corporate tax changes impact companies’ decisions on where to invest and employ workers?
- What could be the economic impact of investment incentives, such as expensing and R&D tax provisions, currently being considered in Congress?
- How would a tax on businesses’ financial profits work and what economic and administrative challenges could arise?
- How would industry-specific tax policy reforms impact economic growth, employment, and wage growth?
Hear from today’s leading tax policy experts on the details and implications of potential corporate tax changes, moderated by Tax Foundation Vice President of Federal Projects Will McBride.