Privacy and Usage Policy
We respect the privacy of users who visit our website:
- We do not attempt to identify individuals visiting our website without their knowledge.
- When a visitor requests pages on our website, our server automatically recognizes the visitor’s domain name and IP address. Our server does not record individual e-mail addresses. We collect the domain names and IP addresses in order to aggregate information on which pages users access or visit. This information is collected solely for internal website management purposes and is never used in an attempt to identify individuals.
- We have strict internal security measures that protect any information voluntarily transmitted to us by website visitors. All infomation submitted is stored on a secure server, and employee access to submitted information is carefully restricted to appropriate Tax Foundation staff.
- The Tax Foundation allows users who wish to receive email updates from us to submit their email and mailing addresses at www.taxfoundation.org/subscribe/. This information is then used to communicate only with individuals who have requested that we do so. We do not sell, rent or otherwise share this personal information with any third parties, for any reason whatsoever. Registered subscribers can change the email messages that they receive, or stop receiving them altogether, at any time by clicking the link reading “update subscription preferences” at the bottom of Tax Foundation emails.
- Visitors should be advised that the Tax Foundation’s website links to other websites. The Tax Foundation cannot be responsible for the content or privacy policies of the websites to which its website links.
We respect the privacy of our donors:
- We collect personal information from donors for the purposes of processing donations, providing materials, notifying donors about events, and for federal and state record-keeping purposes. All infomation submitted is stored on a secure server, and employee access to submitted information is carefully restricted to appropriate Tax Foundation staff.
- Like many charitable organizations, the Tax Foundation shares its postal mailing list (name and address) of financial contributors with non-profit organizations that wish to solicit charitable donations. We do not sell or rent this information, we do not provide information to commercial entitites, nor do we ever provide phone numbers or e-mail addresses to anyone. Donors may opt out of such mailings by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org with their opt-out request.
- To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
- This policy applies to all information received by Tax Foundation, both online and offline, on any Platform, as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
- Opinions on the Tax Foundation blog are not necessarily those of the Tax Foundation, and information must not be construed as personal, financial, or legal advice, either expressed or implied.