President Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposes to increase taxes on individuals by over $820 billion and on businesses by about $500 billion, for a total of over $1.3 trillion in new taxes over the next ten years....
- The Tax Policy Blog
- Bizarre Tax Credits and Deductions
Bizarre Tax Credits and Deductions
- Exemption for income of a person 100 years or older (New Mexico)
- Deduction of fund used to maintain an "exceptional tree"—tree designated by the local county arborist advisory committee (Hawaii)
- Deduction of any settlement money provided as a person persecuted by the Ottoman Turkish Empire from 1915 to 1923 (California)
- $50 tax credit for the permanent loss of two limbs (Oregon)
Buy this blogger a cup of coffee!
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
About the Tax Policy Blog
The Tax Policy Blog is the official weblog of the Tax Foundation, a non-partisan, non-profit research organization that has monitored tax policy at the federal, state and local levels since 1937. Our economists welcome your feedback. If you would like to send an e-mail to the author of a blog post, please click on that person's name to locate his or her e-mail address or visit our staff page here.