The National Association of Enrolled Agents recently released a warning that the Affordable Care Act Marketplace may complicate tax returns. The NAEA is an organization of tax professionals that are specially licensed...
Job Opportunities at the Tax Foundation
Founded in 1937, the Tax Foundation is the nation’s leading independent, non-partisan organization providing sound research and analysis on federal and state tax policy. The Tax Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and our offices are located in the National Press Building in Washington, DC.
Our staff is rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage (employer provides two-thirds of premium and deposits the amount of the deductible into the HSA), dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan (100% match on first 3%, 50% match on next 2%). The Tax Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Job Overview: We are seeking a hard-working, detail-oriented individual to provide administrative support to our VP Operations and our organization as a whole. We are looking for a self-starter who has an interest in working in the non-profit world, believes strongly in the Tax Foundation mission, and has the drive, attention to detail and skill set to help keep the organization running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet TF visitors; answer, screen, and direct phone calls and mail to appropriate areas; answer routine inquiries.
- Proactively resolve questions, concerns, and requests relating to office administration and operation.
- Coordinate day-to-day calendar, schedule, correspondence, and meeting requests for VP Operations.
- Assist with financial and HR records, report preparation, reimbursement processing, and budgets.
- Establish and maintain a variety of complex files and records.
- Prepare agendas, invoices, memos, letters, and other documents, and distributing when appropriate.
- Manage office facility meeting room reservations, audio/visual requests, catering, and room setup.
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of office supplies.
- Attend and participate in meetings pertaining to assigned responsibilities.
- Track deadlines and follow up on project deliverables.
- Be available for after-hours support as needed.
- Provide logistical support on an ad hoc basis to TF departments and TF staff members.
- Other duties as directed by the VP Operations.
Skill Sets Required
- High school diploma required.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and good judgment.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion; to work under pressure; to handle confidential matters with discretion; and to interface well with all departments of the organization and represent Tax Foundation in a highly professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with email marketing services (Mailchimp) a plus.
Benefits Salary is commensurate with an entry-level position. Tax Foundation staff are rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage, dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, vacation/sick leave, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Applying Submit cover letter and resume, as well as salary requirements and history, to Mr. Joseph Henchman, Tax Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/M/F/D/V
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go