Montana legislators are now at home after a session that involved Governor Steve Bullock (D) vetoing two tax cut proposals from the Republican-led legislature. A third bill, which focuses instead on greatly simplifying...
Job Opportunities at the Tax Foundation
We’re a 78-year-old nonpartisan, non-profit think tank located steps away from the White House in Washington, DC. Our staff brings a balance of time-earned experience and youthful ambition to the table and we regularly work with policymakers on both sides of the aisle to help fix problems in national and state tax codes. By focusing on effective policies instead of politics, we have curated a reputation as the most effective tax policy think tank in the nation.
We just moved into a new, custom built office with collaborative spaces that allow our staff to work together in a variety of settings. We want to facilitate a work environment that allows you to work the way you work best. Whether it’s providing cutting edge technology to our staff, allowing our staff to take risks and try creative new solutions, or organizing a lunch at a great restaurant during Restaurant week, our management works hard to make the Tax Foundation environment an example of what working in DC should be.
Benefits include HSA-based health coverage (TF provides two-thirds of the premium and deposits the amount of the deductible into the HSA), dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 12 holidays per year, 15 vacation days per year, sick leave, early release on Fridays, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan (100% match on first 3%; 50% match on next 2%). The Tax Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Grants & Foundations Manager
We are currently seeking a Grants and Foundations Manager to grow our grant program and build lasting relationships with private foundations.
The ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working within a team. He or she should have the necessary skills to take ownership of the existing relationships with current grantors, develop a communication and management strategy to reach our goals, and work with the Tax Foundation state, federal and communication teams to identify projects and new sources of funding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write minimum of 40 foundation grants per year
- Establish comfortable relationships with individual Foundations and program managers who currently support Tax Foundation programs and research
- Work with Tax Foundation senior staff to identify funding for current and future research priorities
- Demonstrate initiative to look for new sources of funding and new project ideas
- Develop and present to senior management a long-term strategy for growing the grants program
- Manage a detailed grants calendar and schedule
- Develop reporting metrics and processes for all grantors
- Work collaboratively with all Tax Foundation staff members
- Monitor and document all contact with donors and prospects to ensure positive and purposeful donor relations
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong writing skills
- Keen attention to detail and the discipline to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate unique, sometimes complicated economic and fiscal concepts and research
- Minimum of two to three years successful experience in grant or policy writing
- Passion for the Tax Foundation’s mission and principles
- Demonstrated record of reaching or exceeding revenue goals
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards, reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- College degree and prior employment references
- Some travel may be required
Benefits Salary is commensurate with an entry-level position. Tax Foundation staff are rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage, dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, vacation/sick leave, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Applying Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements, to Mr. Michael Vogler, VP Development, Tax Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. The cover letter should demonstrate informed interest in our organization. The position is open until filled. The Tax Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go