Thursday Video: Bad State Tax Ideas
August 21, 2008
This video is from the Tax Foundation’s breakfast event in New Orleans last month. Our own Staff Economist Josh Barro discusses options for state tax reform. After describing the Tax Foundation’s State Business Tax Climate Index, Barro outlines three things to avoid for good tax policy: (1) state R&D tax credits, (2) film tax credits, and (3) sales tax holidays. Runs 9 minutes, 19 seconds.
Previous Thursday Videos:
- Thursday Video: Social Security (and Payroll Taxes) Turn 73 Years Old Today, August 14, 2008
- Thursday Video: Pittsburgh Drink Tax Song, August 7, 2008
- Thursday Video: Schoolhouse Rock Tax Man Max, July 24, 2008
- Thursday Video: The Global Flat Tax Revolution, July 17, 2008
- Thursday Video: Tax Foundation at FreedomFest 2008, July 10, 2008
- Thursday Video: Spending for the Axis or Saving for Taxes, June 26, 2008
- Thursday Video: Mondale’s Pledge to Raise Taxes, June 19, 2008
- Thursday Video: Newsreel on President Kennedy’s 1962 Tax Cuts, June 12, 2008
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback