Tax Policy Blog Posts on Historical Tax Foundation Studies
For 74 years the Tax Foundation has maintained a record of credible and thorough research. Many of our past findings are still applicable to the issues that federal and state governments deal with today. As such, we continue to augment our website archives with the vast wealth of studies and briefs that we have completed over seven decades. This series of blog posts will highlight some of these key studies from the past and emphasize how their findings are still apropos today.
Please keep in mind that government data used in these older studies may have since been revised and should not be cited.
- From the Archives: Federal Tax Legislation in the 1970s, August 2, 2011
- From the Archives: Looking Back at Tax Foundation State Tax Research from 60 Years Ago, July 29, 2011
- From the Archives: Tax Foundation Corporate Tax Burden Studies from the 1980s, July 25, 2011
- From the Archives: Tax Foundation Research on Taxation of Interstate Commerce, 1966 and Today, July 12, 2011
- From the Archives: Tax Wisdom in 1976, August 25, 2011
Sort our publication archives by year (back to 1940).
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback