More Countries Move to Simpler, Lower Taxes
February 25, 2008
The Cato At Liberty blog has been reporting on the wave of tax simplification and corporate rate cuts taking place across the world:
- Poland may adopt a flat tax
- Iceland and Taiwan to cut corporate tax rates
- People leaving Ireland due to high personal income taxes
- Hungarian government considers a flat tax
- Kuwait cuts corporate tax rate
- Swiss canton adopts flat tax
By contrast, the U.S. federal-state corporate income tax rate stands at 39.3 percent, the second highest in the industrialized world.
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback