Job Announcement: Grant and Foundation Manager
Tax Foundation Job Announcement
Grant and Foundation Manager
The successful candidate for this position will develop a forward-looking plan to build on our existing base of foundation donors and develop a strategy to introduce the Tax Foundation goals and principles to prospective supporters. Expansion of our grants base is critical to the Tax Foundation’s continued growth and expansion of our federal, state, and legal centers. This individual will strongly believe in Tax Foundation principles, the growth of our nation’s economy, and simplifying state and federal tax codes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to: Vice President of Development
- Demonstrate and present to senior management a long-term strategy for developing the grants program
- Establish comfortable relationships with individual foundations and program managers who currently support Tax Foundation programs and research
- Monitor and document all contact with donors and prospects to ensure positive and purposeful donor relations
- Work with Tax Foundation staff to identify funding for current and future research priorities and investigate potential new projects to present to foundations
- Work collaboratively with and in support of all Tax Foundation staff members
- Some travel may be required
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be able to effectively communicate our project and research objectives and their importance, especially in writing
- Over three years successful experience in grant writing, with demonstrated record of reaching or exceeding revenue goals
- Reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Passionate about Tax Foundation principles
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Tax Foundation staff are rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage, dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements and history to Mr. Michael Vogler, Tax Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Position will be open until filled. EOE/M/F/D/V
About the Tax Foundation
One of the nation’s most trusted think tanks, the Tax Foundation has since 1937 provided Americans with basic information and policy analysis to promote simple, sensible tax policy at the federal and state levels. Best known for our annual calculation of “Tax Freedom Day,” we work to raise economic awareness among taxpayers, lawmakers, and media. The Tax Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan organization. Our offices are located in the National Press Building in downtown Washington, D.C., two blocks from the Metro Center station stop. Visit us online at
Was this page helpful to you? Thank You! The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work? Let us know how we can better serve you! We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback