Happy Tax Freedom Day!
April 9, 2010
Many states have already celebrated their Tax Freedom Days, and now Tax Freedom Day for the nation as a whole—the day on which Americans have earned enough to pay all their federal, state, and local taxes for the year—has finally arrived.
At 6:00 tonight Tax Foundation President Scott Hodge will discuss Tax Freedom Day with Neil Cavuto on Fox Business News, the latest of many Tax Freedom Day TV and radio interviews.
Some other Tax Freedom Day highlights:
- From Building a Better Indiana, the Business Blog of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce: "Freedom Comes With a Big (Tax) Price"
- Tax Counsel and Director of State Projects Joe Henchman discussed Tax Freedom Day at the Heritage Foundation's weekly Bloggers Briefing. Watch the video.
- This video, created by the third-place winner of our 2008 CompeteUSA video contest, presents an entertaining person-on-the-street interview.
- Tax Foundation Economist Kail Padgitt, Ph.D., appeared on CNBC's "Kudlow Report" to discuss Tax Freedom Day. Watch the video.
- Among the notable print media coverage are articles in USA Today ("How much taxation is enough?") and CNNMoney.com ("You owe the IRS 99 days of hard work").
More on Tax Freedom Day:
Tax Freedom Day video, narrated by Tac Foundation Manager of Media Relations Natasha Altamirano
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback