Event: States Tax Reform, the Affordable Care Act, and Sequestration
March 4, 2013
I'll be appearing on a panel at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center this afternoon covering everything relating to state taxes: the role of states in the economy recovery, state tax reform, public employee pensions, the impact of sequestration, and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Given the lineup of the panel, I'll have my work cut out for me defending the idea that tax systems should be simple, neutral, and focus on economic growth rather than trying to reward and punish different people.
- Teresa Coughlin, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Ben Harris, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Joseph Henchman, Vice President of Legal & State Projects, Tax Foundation
- Nick Johnson, Vice President for State Fiscal Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Zach Goldfarb, staff writer, Washington Post, moderator
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback