Event: States Tax Reform, the Affordable Care Act, and Sequestration
March 4, 2013
I'll be appearing on a panel at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center this afternoon covering everything relating to state taxes: the role of states in the economy recovery, state tax reform, public employee pensions, the impact of sequestration, and implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Given the lineup of the panel, I'll have my work cut out for me defending the idea that tax systems should be simple, neutral, and focus on economic growth rather than trying to reward and punish different people.
- Teresa Coughlin, Senior Fellow, Urban Institute
- Ben Harris, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute
- Joseph Henchman, Vice President of Legal & State Projects, Tax Foundation
- Nick Johnson, Vice President for State Fiscal Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Zach Goldfarb, staff writer, Washington Post, moderator