Join the Fight for Sound Tax Policy
Give The Way You Want
Donate by Mail
To donate by mail, please download and complete the check donation form below. Your form and check payable to the Tax Foundation can be mailed to:
1325 G Street NW Suite 950
Washington, DC 20005
Give by Phone
To donate by phone via credit card, or to help with any questions you may have about other ways to support our cause, please call Mike Ressegue at 202-464-5109.
Make a Gift of Stocks or Bonds
Transferring securities held long term to the Tax Foundation allows you to make a gift and receive a charitable deduction equal to the full, fair market value of the securities. You pay no capital gains on your gift and neither does the Tax Foundation.
The best method of transferring these assets to the Tax Foundation is to contact your broker and electronically transfer the stock from your account to Tax Foundation’s account. Avoid selling the assets and then making a gift of the proceeds, because this will trigger a capital gains liability for you.
In order for the Tax Foundation to acknowledge your gift and provide you with an IRS receipt, please take the following steps:
- Call the Vice President of Individual and Foundation Giving, Dave Messics, at (202) 464-5108 and let us know that you would like to make a gift of stock.
- Provide your name, your phone number, the name of the stock you are giving and the number of shares (e.g. 20 shares of Microsoft).
- Call your broker with the information below and ask your broker to contact our accountant, Chris Krukewitt at (202) 464-5117.
Your gift to the Tax Foundation could be matched dollar for dollar by your employer! Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees, retirees and/or employees’ spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift program, search for your company using the form below.
The Tax Foundation will be happy to send you the necessary proof of your donation to ensure its match. If you have any questions regarding this type of contribution, please contact Mike Ressegue at 202-464-5109 or email@example.com.
Please note the Tax Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization; therefore, all charitable gifts are tax deductible. Our federal tax identification number is 52-1703065
Include the Tax Foundation In Your Will
Planned gifts are a great opportunity to carry our your generosity and ensure the Tax Foundation has the means necessary to advance pro-growth tax policy for future generations.
For more information, view our Legacy Society Brochure. If you have any questions or would like help arranging a bequest or to receive an illustration of a charitable annuity at the Tax Foundation, please contact Dave Messics at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202-464-5108, or fill out the contact form below and we will reach out to you directly. If you’ve already included us in your will or estate, please fill out the enrollment form below and mail it to our office at:
ATTN: Dave Messics
1325 G Street NW, Ste. 950
Washington, DC 20005
Thank you for considering us in your will or estate plans. It’s truly an honor.
Contribute From Your IRA
Take advantage of the opportunity to make a direct gift from a qualified IRA account to the Tax Foundation.
Here are the basics of how charitable rollovers work:
- You must be age 70½ or older at the time of the gift.
- Transfers must be made directly from a traditional IRA account by your IRA administrator to the Tax Foundation. Funds that are withdrawn by you and then contributed do NOT qualify. Gifts from 401k, 403b, SEP, and other plans do not qualify.
- Gifts must be outright. Distributions to donor-advised funds or life-income arrangements such as charitable remainder trusts and charitable gift annuities are not allowed.
- Qualified charitable distributions can total up to $100,000 and count towards your minimum required distribution for the year from your IRA.
If you are interested in making this type of charitable donation, please contact your financial advisor to begin the rollover process. If you have further questions, please contact Dave B. Messics, VP of Individual Giving at the Tax Foundation at 202-464-5108.
Donate when Shopping at Amazon
You can support the Tax Foundation when shopping at Amazon. Through the AmazonSmile program, 0.5% of the value of your purchases will be donated to the Tax Foundation by Amazon.