April 15 is Here
April 15, 2009
Whew, we’ve been getting quite a few website visits, e-mails, phone calls, and media inquiries this week. We’re struggling to keep up with it all, but we’re happy to do it!
If you’re looking for some nifty handouts or signs using our Tax Freedom Day® materials, check this link out. Here’s more about Tax Freedom Day (the national date this year is April 13; click the link for each state’s Tax Freedom Day).
Here are some great charts, data tables, and maps on our website that are proving very popular:
- State & Local Tax Burdens By State, 1977-2008: Per Capita Income and Taxes Paid and Exported
- State Sales, Gasoline, Cigarette, & Alcohol Tax Rates, 2000-2009; 2008 Sales Tax Map here; 2009 Cigarette Tax Map here; 2009 Beer Tax Map here.
- State Individual Income Tax Rates, 2000-2009
- State Policy and Data by State
- Federal Income Tax Data Summary (how much different income groups make and pay, shares of income, shares of tax, etc.) – the Tax Policy Center has made graphs out of some of these tables here
- Property Taxes on Owner-Occupied Housing By State, 2004-2007; 2007 Map here.
- State Business Tax Climate Index
- Facts & Figures 2009: 38 different rates and rankings of the states
- Podcast with Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson on common taxpayer errors
- Other Tax Data, Articles, and Blog Posts by Topic
Here are some other interesting links on other sites:
- National Taxpayer Advocate
- Tax Day Tea Parties
- U.S. Breweries Per Capita Map (compare with the Beer Tax Map)
- FreedomWorks on Tax Reform
- Tax Reform Proposals: the Flat Tax; the FairTax; the X-Tax; Michael Graetz’s Tax Plan; the “SET” Tax
- Other Links to Tax Policy resources
(Finally, I have to pitch this: if you’ve found our material helpful, consider supporting our work by donating to the Tax Foundation!)
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback