It’s Here! Announcing The New and Improved TaxFoundation.org
January 24, 2017
After months of hard work, we’re proud to announce the release of the all new TaxFoundation.org.
Last year, 15 million visitors relied on taxfoundation.org for our analysis of presidential tax plans, to compare state taxes, to keep up to date on the latest tax news and issues, and to contact our experts. We hope our new website, which features an updated aesthetic, streamlined menus and navigation, and a host of new features and functionalities, will make learning about tax policy even easier.
In addition, backend improvements will allow us to better handle traffic surges and speed loading times. Our website crashed several times in 2016 due to high-profile mentions of the Tax Foundation, such as during presidential debates. With our new site, we will be able to continue to grow without worrying about such concerns.
We could brag about the new site all day, but the best way to experience it is to just start exploring. Here are a few places to get started:
- The drop-down navigation menu, located at the top of every page, allows you to easily browse or search state, federal, and legal tax policy topics
- The Tax Policy Blog, like before, brings you our most recent research and analysis in one easy-to-browse feed
- The state and federal tax policy landing pages serve as a jumping off point for discovering the content you’re most interested in
- The streamlined state tax data tool makes it easy to explore the tax rates and measures unique to your state
- Our new system of categorization, tagging, and related content allows you to more easily browse work relevant to your interests. You will find related articles, topics, and tags at the bottom of each post
- Our new and improved About Us section gives you a better idea of who we are, what we do, and how we’re changing the world
- Our new Donate section makes it easier for you to support our mission to improve lives through tax policy
There are numerous other changes small and large that you will notice when exploring the new site, so we hope you dive in and start discovering for yourself.
And, of course, we built this site for you, so if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, we want to hear them! You can give us your feedback by completing our survey, here.