67th National Conference and Annual Dinner
Download 9. Background Paper: ”Fundamental Tax Reform: Experience of OECD Countries,” by Jeffrey OwensDownload 1. Introductory Remarks: Jeffrey Owens, Director, Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, O.E.C.D. ParisDownload 2. First Panel: ”Tax Reform: Lessons from Successful Small Open Economies”Download 3. Second Panel: ”How will Large Advanced Economies Respond to these Trends?”Download 4. Keynote Address: Samuel W. Bodman, Deputy Secretary of the United States TreasuryDownload 5. Special Remarks: Chairman Bill Thomas, House Ways and Means CommitteeDownload 6. Third Panel: ”Principles of Fundamental Tax Reform”Download 8. 2004 Conference ScheduleDownload 7. Annual Dinner: Distinguished Service Awards Presentations
67th National Conference: “Global Tax Reform: Who’s Leading, Who’s Lagging and Is the U.S. in the Race?”
The Tax Foundation held its 67th National conference and Annual dinner on Thursday, November 18, 2004, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Washington, D.C. All proceedings from the event are available below in PDF format:
- Introductory Remarks: Jeffrey Owens, Director, Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, O.E.C.D. Paris
- First Panel: “Tax Reform — Lessons from Successful Small Open Economies” featuring Charles O’Loghlin (Ireland), Jaroslaw Neneman (Poland) and Vladimir Tvaroska (Slovak Republic).
- Second Panel: “How will Large Advanced Economies Respond to these Trends?” featuring Dawn Primarolo (UK), Vadim N. Grishin (Russia) and Bob Hamilton (Canada).
- Keynote Address: Samuel W. Bodman, Deputy Secretary of the United States Treasury.
- Special Remarks: Chairman Bill Thomas, U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee.
- Third Panel: “Principles of Fundamental Tax Reform” featuring Former Majority Leader Dick Armey, Rep. Phil English and Rep. John Linder.
At the 67th annual dinner the Tax Foundation’s prestigious Distinguished Service Awards were presented to the two individuals who have made the most notable contributions to the field of tax policy in the public and private sector during 2004. The 2004 public sector service award was presented to Sen. Don Nickles (R-OK), and the private sector award was presented to Mr. Lee R. Raymond, Chairman and CEO, ExxonMobil.
Was this page helpful to you?
The Tax Foundation works hard to provide insightful tax policy analysis. Our work depends on support from members of the public like you. Would you consider contributing to our work?Contribute to the Tax Foundation
Let us know how we can better serve you!
We work hard to make our analysis as useful as possible. Would you consider telling us more about how we can do better?Give Us Feedback