President Obama just announced at a press conference that he has directed Treasury Secretary Jack Lew to demand the resignation of the Acting IRS Commissioner, Steven Miller. CNN then obtained Miller's resignation letter...
Job Opportunities at the Tax Foundation
One of America’s most established and relied-upon think tanks, the Tax Foundation has since 1937 worked for simple, sensible tax policy at the federal, state, and local levels. We do this by informing Americans about the size of tax burdens and providing economically principled analysis of tax policy issues.
The Tax Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit, non-partisan educational organization. Our offices are located in the National Press Building in downtown Washington, D.C., two blocks from the Metro Center station stop.
Our staff is rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage (employer provides two-thirds of premium and deposits the amount of the deductible into the HSA), dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan (100% match on first 3%, 50% match on next 2%). The Tax Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V.
The Tax Foundation seeks a highly motivated individual for the position of Programmer/Modeler as part of our dynamic modeling team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with and expanding the Tax Foundation’s Tax Simulation and Macroeconomic Model.
The ideal Programmer/Modeler candidate:
- has a graduate degree in Economics
- has extensive experience with Excel Visual Basic and other programming languages
- has experience with econometric modeling and statistical packages (STATA)
- sufficiently understands public finance in general and the federal tax system in particular
- has experience accessing and working with federal data sources such as IRS, BEA, Census, BLS
- can manage projects, both autonomously and as part of team efforts
- has an entrepreneurial, analytical, and strategic mindset
- has an interest in learning about capital structure and tax policy from some of the world’s experts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Programming, updating, and revising the Tax Simulation and Macroeconomic Model
- Modeling individual and corporate tax policy proposals and reform plans
- Maintain knowledge of current federal tax policy and economic issues, and identify new research and modeling opportunities. Write studies, reports, and op-eds on modeling results.
- Coordinate presentation of federal tax data on the Tax Foundation’s website.
- Contribute substantively and regularly to the Tax Foundation’s Tax Policy Blog.
- Manage multi-participant projects and supervise interns.
Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Tax Foundation staff are rewarded with a dynamic, challenging, and creative work environment with substantial opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage, dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Applying: Submit cover letter and resume or CV to Mr. Joseph Henchman, Tax Foundation, at email@example.com. No phone calls. Position will be open until filled. EOE/M/F/D/V
About the Tax Foundation: One of the nation’s oldest think tanks, the Tax Foundation has for seven decades provided Americans with basic information and policy analysis to promote simple, sensible tax policy at the federal and state levels. Best known for our annual calculation of “Tax Freedom Day,” we work to raise economic awareness among taxpayers, lawmakers, and media. The Tax Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, non-partisan organization. Our offices are located in the National Press Building in downtown Washington, D.C., two blocks from the Metro Center station stop. Visit us online at www.TaxFoundation.org
Posted April 12, 2013