Ask a Tax Expert

Please note that we are unable to assist individuals with tax planning or preparation. Our staff includes scholars who study tax policy and data, not tax preparation professionals. If your question involves tax policy or data, we will do our best to assist you, but if you have a question about your own taxes, e.g. which deductions to take or whether your employer withheld the correct amount from your paycheck, please contact an accountant, tax attorney, tax preparation service, or the IRS. The IRS will answer questions about federal tax returns, forms, refunds, etc.  

If you have a question about your state or local tax payments, forms, refunds, etc., please contact your state's department of revenue. (See the list of state revenue department websites here—scroll to "State Departments of Revenue Websites.")

Media Contacts

Richard Borean
Director of Communications
(202) 464-5120 (desk)

Scott A. Hodge
(202) 464-5103 (desk)

How to Describe the Tax Foundation

The Tax Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan tax research organization based in Washington, D.C.

Other staff members:

Contact Us Page: