In a recent interview with Harvard Business Review, Harvard Business School’s Mihir Desai and Bill George gave some great insight on inversions, who really pays the corporate tax, profit shifting, and corporate tax...
- U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-20...
U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-2013 (Nominal and Inflation-Adjusted Brackets)
To zoom in, print, select text or search the following document, please use the grey toolbar below.
A PDF and Excel sheet are available for download above.
U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-2013 (Nominal Dollars):
U.S. Federal Individual Income Tax Rates History, 1862-2013 (Inflation-Adjusted 2012 Dollars):
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask