Alaska voters go to the polls tomorrow to decide Measure 1, which would change taxation of oil production. A yes vote repeals the More Alaska Production Act (MAPA) tax system championed by Gov. Sean Parnell (R) and...
- Tax Watch, Spring 2006
Tax Watch, Spring 2006
Tax Watch is the Tax Foundation's quarterly tax policy newsletter, presenting our economic research and analysis in a simple, non-technical format—ideal for the non-economist looking for a clear explanation of current tax issues.
Highlights from the Spring 2006 issue include:
- America Celebrates Tax Freedom Day 2006
- How Do Estate Taxes Affect Work and Savings Decisions?
- The Best U.S. States for Business Taxation
Free hard-copy subscriptions are available to Tax Foundation members. Click here to join today.
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
In his book, Capital in the 21st Century, Thomas Piketty portrays the rich as heirs with privileged access to high rates of return, stating “it is almost inevitable that inherited wealth will dominate wealth...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask