President Obama’s fiscal year 2015 budget proposes to increase taxes on individuals by over $820 billion and on businesses by about $500 billion, for a total of over $1.3 trillion in new taxes over the next ten years....
- Tax Watch, Spring 2006
Tax Watch, Spring 2006
Tax Watch is the Tax Foundation's quarterly tax policy newsletter, presenting our economic research and analysis in a simple, non-technical format—ideal for the non-economist looking for a clear explanation of current tax issues.
Highlights from the Spring 2006 issue include:
- America Celebrates Tax Freedom Day 2006
- How Do Estate Taxes Affect Work and Savings Decisions?
- The Best U.S. States for Business Taxation
Free hard-copy subscriptions are available to Tax Foundation members. Click here to join today.
- Rep. Dave Camp deserves credit for introducing dynamic macroeconomic analysis into the tax reform discussion by requesting a dynamic score of his plan from the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT).
- According to...
- The combined federal and state top marginal personal dividend tax rate in the United States is 28.6 percent.
- The United States’ top marginal tax rate on personal dividend income is 9th highest in...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask