In a recent interview with Harvard Business Review, Harvard Business School’s Mihir Desai and Bill George gave some great insight on inversions, who really pays the corporate tax, profit shifting, and corporate tax...
- Graph: Tax Burden of Top 1% Now Exceeds That of Bottom 95%
Graph: Tax Burden of Top 1% Now Exceeds That of Bottom 95%
Note: To zoom in, print, select text or search the following document, please use the grey toolbar below.
A JPG and PDF are available for download at the bottom of this page.
For an analysis of the most recent IRS data on who pays how much federal individual income tax, see Tax Foundation Fiscal Fact No. 183, at http://www.taxfoundation.org/legacy/show/250.html.
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask