One of the loudest critics of the recent wave of corporate inversions is University of Southern California law professor Ed Kleinbard, who warns that these transactions will erode the U.S. corporate tax base because...
- Excess Profits Taxation: A Compilation of Materials on Ex...
Excess Profits Taxation: A Compilation of Materials on Excess Profits Taxation
Foreword This compilation and bibliography are presented in the hope that they will contribute to a fuller understanding of a difficult and at times controversial subject. In selecting the materials included an effort was made to obtain a cross section of opinions and points of view. Attention is directed to the bibliography of periodical and special materials on war, profits and excess profits taxation issued from 1916 to 1940. In the light of recent events, the body of literature developed as a result of our experience with those forms of taxation during and immediately after the War of 1914-1919 has assumed anew significance.
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask