Dan Mitchell from the Cato Institute recently wrote about the debate over increasing the child tax credit or lowering marginal tax rates. He says lower marginal tax rates would have a bigger impact on the incentive to...
- Effects of Allowing Filers the Option of Filing Under an ...
Effects of Allowing Filers the Option of Filing Under an Optional 20 Percent Flat Tax
November 09, 2007
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask