Today, the Tax Foundation is honoring six individuals with the second annual award for Outstanding Achievement in State Tax Reform. As the award’s name suggests, the honorees were selected due to their extraordinary...
- Current Problems and Issues in State Taxation of intersta...
Current Problems and Issues in State Taxation of interstate Commerce
Government Finance Brief No. 3 (New Series)
State taxation of interstate commerce is receiving close attention as a result of a four-year study by a special Congressional committee and subsequent proposals far Federal action to assure uniform treatment of interstate business.
This pamphlet, third in a new series, is designed to furnish background for current discussions and to summarize the findings and recommendations of the Congressional committee. The Foundation takes no position on this or any other legislation.
- The United States is not the only country to experience the phenomenon of corporate tax inversions.
- Despite cutting the corporate tax rate from 52 percent in 1980 to...
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask