In a recent interview with Harvard Business Review, Harvard Business School’s Mihir Desai and Bill George gave some great insight on inversions, who really pays the corporate tax, profit shifting, and corporate tax...
- Chart: Effects of Marriage on Income and Payroll Tax Liab...
Chart: Effects of Marriage on Income and Payroll Tax Liability
(For a full explanation of this chart, see Tax Foundation Fiscal Fact No. 352: Effects of Marriage on Tax Burden Vary Greatly with Income Level, Equality.)
For a high-resolution, printable version, click here.
Erratum: This chart, when originally published, was accidentally reversed horizontally while processing the image. We've corrected the error.
- The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.
- The worldwide average top corporate...
- IRS income data is collected in order to raise revenue as directed by Congress, which means it is not necessarily well-suited for other purposes, like measuring equality in our society.
- The average taxpayer’s...
Join the Tax Foundation's fight for sound tax policy Go
Tax Policy Blog
The official weblog of the Tax Foundation.
Tax By State
For information on your state, select it from the drop-down menu.
Ask a Tax Expert
Contact information for Tax Foundation policy staff Ask